- I get to sit down and not stand up for hours and hours unlike a retail or food service position
- In between calls, I can surf the web and go to news sites and blogs
- Pays decently, and I get a "bonus" for upsells (like offering Full Delivery or our Ez program)
- I get to help people understand their bills and calm them down when they are upset
- Job security.
- I'm really close to people around me and many of them smoke. Sometimes it is really hard for me to breathe. I hate smoke.
- I get yelled at on the phone by customers
- I have to work weekends when my hubby is off.
- I sound like a parrot "Thank you for calling the..." "Would you like the..."
- The headphones give me a headache (and the voices)
- Some people are really stupid. (But some are really neat. Most of them are just old through...)
- Working takes up so much time. I'd rather be sewing. Or napping. Or both (note: don't try this)
- I hate "stupid" rules. Like, not going back to your desk until after your lunch shift (as in, sometimes you are min or two late because you can't enter the floor until your 30 min are up) or the fact that you have to wear shoes. I'm in a cubicle. Why do I have to wear shoes?
I think this can be summed up quite nicely by this little chart I made using stock photos:
What do you do for your day job? Let me know what drives you crazy! If you want to make a pro-con list, feel free to link up with me.