You Will Need: (Makes about 60 1tbsp-sized meatballs)
- One Large Zucchini, grated (also called a Courgette)
- One carrot, first layer pealed off and grated
- 1 pound of beef and 1 pound of your favorite sausage. I use 80/20 beef.
- a handful of chopped green onions (I used about 8 individual stalks chopped)
- 1/4th cup coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated / minced ginger
- 1/4th teaspoon ginger
- 1.5 teaspoon arrowroot starch (or flour)
- A dash of salt and pepper to taste (I usually put in a pinch of each)
Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Combine all the of the above and mix well. Using a tablespoon, make round balls and place on a baking tray sprayed with coconut oil or covered in parchment paper. I space mine about 1/2 inch apart. I bake them in the over for 30 minutes, and always use a thermometer to check that the meatball gets above 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Makes about 60 meatballs, depending on how small/large you make them. I used a tablespoon to scoop it out to make sure they were even.