But, before I quit my job and try to live solely off my Etsy income, I wanted to make a detailed plan. I expect it to take 5-6 months to get everything up and running! My tentative "quit" date is June 1, 2013.
The Quit List
- Organize my shops: make one for vintage items and one for handmade, instead of having everything all together.
- Save 200$ for marketing for when I first launch.
- Have 100 items in each shop before the quit date
- Blog every day here on Kitty Adventures
- Make sure I am making at least $100 a month. (Right now I average between $75-120 from etsy sales)
- Have a detailed 5-year plan
- Organize a sewing area.
- Purchases a business license
- Have 200$ in the bank for miscellaneous unknown fees that may arise.