1) Patient has an extreme fear of needles.
2) We would like to attempt as natural a birth as possible
3) Please inform both Mother (Carolynn Markey) and Father (Brian Markey) of all procedures before administering
1) Only necessary hospital medical personal please.
2) Would like Father (Brian Markey) and grandmother and Doula to be present and allowed in birthing room.
3) Prefer to avoid routine IV, no hep-lock
4) Please no pain medication unless requested
5) No epidural
6) Would like ability to move around in room, and use birthing ball.
7) Intermittent fetal monitoring
1) Prefer to wait for the urge to push and wish to push in whatever position feels most comfortable
2) Would like to avoid episiotomy
3) Warm oil and compresses for perineum
1) Delayed cord clamping, until it stops pulsating
2) Would like to naturally deliver placenta
3) Wish to breastfeed baby immediately, no pacifier for baby
4) Wait for newborn procedures until after first feeding
5) No erythromycin eye drops
6) No Hep-B shot
7) Oral vitamin K to be given to baby, no vit K shot
8) No Circumcision for male baby, Baby to room with mom.
9) Do not rub vernix off, I will rub it into skin
In case of Mother’s death/unresponsive state or emergency hospitalization
1) Father has formula to feed baby. Please let him use what we have picked out, no generic formula
2) Baby to stay with Father (Brian Markey) or grandmother at all times.
So that, above is my individual natural birth plan. You can view/download a word document of my birth plan here to see the c-section portion that I hope and pray I don't have to use. What about you? Did you use a birth plan and how did it go? I'm trying not to expect much, and I'm praying a lot!