1) The first, and chief annoyance, has to do with measurements. You probably already know what I'm taking about, but if you don't, let me elaborate. Say you are searching for a dress for your birthday. As you are browsing, you come across the perfect little ensemble...only to realize the seller did not put any measurements in the listing. What?? You think, perplexed and mildly annoyed, as you try to size up the model and analyze if you are anywhere close to their dress size.
2) The second thing that annoys me is shipping. I could write a whole bloody article about shipping.
So lets get started: my pet peeves about etsy shipping.
- Why does your amazing handmade lace halter top with cute button flower embellishments and tea-dyed empire waist belt cost me $10 to ship when it looks like it weighs less than then my baby kitten? I might understand that extraneous amount if you lived in, like, China, or something, BUT no, you live TWO STATES AWAY from me. Don't expect me to buy from you. Ever.
- The item I am salivating over in your shop cost 1,200 dollars. Why are you charging me 10$ for shipping? What is wrong with you?
- I will not pay more for shipping than I did for your item.
- I want to buy your postcard. Why is shipping $5? Do you think I don't know how much it costs to ship a postcard?
- You make a listing for 1$, and put 10$ in the shipping. What?
- I buy something from you. I pay 7$ in shipping. The item arrives with a $3.50 stamp on it. I will never buy from you again.
Check out my other Etsy Guides!
Photography on Etsy: Inanimate Objects
Packaging on Etsy: After the Sale